almost 7 years ago
Connected Car Hackathon Day One is a Wrap - See You Tomorrow!
The Connected Car Hackathon is off to a great start as we wrap up Day 1. App ideas being developed revolve around a wide variety of needs and uses, including car pooling, gamification strategies, and addressing parking woes. Attendance at Day 1 of the Hackathon was not required to submit a submission; please feel free to join us tomorrow morning starting at 9:30 a.m. if you'd still like to get involved.
Submissions are due by 2:30 p.m. tomorrow, April 10, on the Devpost site. Presentations to the judge's panel will begin shortly after that deadline. Popular voting will begin as soon as submissions are submitted. Awards will be presented once the presentations are complete and the judges select our winners!
REMINDER: A complete submission includes the following three components:
1) A working software application that uses at least one of the datasets from Automatic available at https://developer.automatic.com, and can update and refresh the data.
2) The application must run on at least one of the following: a smartphone or tablet, a web browser (mobile or desktop), a desktop computer, other hardware (including, but not limited to, wearable technology, open source hardware, or proprietary hardware). Your application does not have to be available publicly or in an app store.
3) A video that clearly explains your application’s features and functionality through a comprehensive demonstration.
Judges will be evaluating the following:
- Quality of Idea - Includes creativity and originality.
- Potential Impact - Includes the extent to which the application or tool will transform how we get around the Bay Area with a focus on meeting the goals of Smart Driving.
- Implementation of Idea - Includes how well the idea was executed by the developer and how well the application or tool integrates the required data from Automatic's API and other data sets.
Thanks for all your hard work today. See you tomorrow!
We're here to help. If you have any questions about the hackathon, post on the discussion forum or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll respond as soon as we can.